The support services department at Seton High School strives to identify, access and serve the psychological, spiritual, academic and physical needs of the young women at Seton High School. This support includes remediation and enrichment outside of that typically given to students. Our team uses a collaborative approach in order to develop a sense of independence for college and beyond.
• Bayley Support Bell - our Intervention Specialists provide remediation and enrichment for weekly content. There are opportunities for Intervention Specialists and students to review grades, develop study skills and set goals.
• In an inclusive setting, students will be provided support within their general education core classes by an Intervention Specialist.
• Speech and Language Services
• Support provided by instructional aide
• Testing Accommodations
• Summer Seminar Preparation Program
• Jon Peterson Scholarship Provider
• Seton High School does not modify
Seton is one of the few private schools that employ a part-time Speech and Language Pathologist as a Jon Peterson provider. Students are served in a small group setting, as well as in the classroom to develop the communication and language skills necessary to find success academically, socially and professionally.
• Meet grade level standards
• Clearly express student strengths and weaknesses within an academic environment
• Provide strategies and accommodations that best support the student in and out of the classroom
• Develop and maintain a system of organization to support student learning across the curriculum
• Generate and strengthen skills to become a self-advocate
• Expand and apply study strategies across content areas
• Effectively learn to manage time
• Offers transitional support for life after high school
Seton High School’s full-time, licensed social worker works with teachers, families, academic advisors and outside resources to meet student and family needs.
For a referral, please contact your daughter’s Academic Advisor.
Submit a copy of your daughter’s IEP, ISP, 504 or accommodation plan, and ETR if applicable. Also, please inform us of any
other pertinent medical information.
Nikki Sessums Roell ’05,
or 513-471-2600 ext. 2046