Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Seton High School’s fundraising efforts including the major gifts and scholarship funding, annual fund, planned giving, and capital campaigns. The candidate upholds and models a moral code consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church, Sisters of Charity, the mission of Seton High School and Catholic education.
Accountability: This position reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and works closely with the President and Administration as well as the Advancement Staff and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Active Member of: The Advancement Committee and Capital Campaign Committee of the Board. Attends Board Meetings as a staff member representative.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills and ensures all communications (written, printed, digital, verbal) are consistent with the Catholic Church and mission of Seton.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree and experience in fundraising and non-profits.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts/scholarship program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors and with communication of scholarship recipients and donors.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Manage fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Assist with creation of publications to support fundraising activities with the Marketing and PR Coordinator.
- Assist in planning gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Full-time, 12 month/year position, some evenings and weekends required as well as some travel. Benefits and salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Lisa Luebbe – firstname.lastname@example.org